What is the South America Business Forum about?
The South American Business Forum (SABF) is an event that takes place annually in Buenos Aires for 3 days in the month of August. Each year the forum receives 100 outstanding university students from around the world, together with 40 leaders of business, political and academic areas. The event will explore topics of global relevance and particularly applicable to the reality of South America. We expect that, through dialogue and the interaction between the current leaders and the future leaders, a contribution to the development of the region can be made.
Where and when?
It will be hosted at the Instituto Tecnológico de Buenos Aires, Argentina from 6th to 8th of August 2010.
Which languages will be spoken?
English and Spanish. You only need to speak one of them.
What is the main topic this year?
“Boosting Our Actions in the New Decade”
Who can participate?
- University students in their first undergraduate career, born from January 1st, 1980 and afterwards.
- Graduate university students of 2009 and 2010, born from January 1st, 1980 and afterwards.
The 100 best student talents in Argentina, South-America and the rest of the World from any career and university in the world, selected by the presentation of an essay based on the main topic. An independent jury, composed by professors, business leaders and journalists is the one that is in charge of the essays’ correction. After that, 100 essays are selected taking into account the level of each essay as also the postulant’s profile.
What are the benefits of participating in the SABF?
Workshops and trainings. Networking with the best talents and executives from the main companies. The opportunity to experience a unique and enriching cultural exchange with students from all around the world.
How to apply?
In order to finish your application process, you must complete every step at the online application form (apply.sabf.org.ar), and upload your essay about the main topic (Boosting Our Actions for the New Decade) until May 9th 2010. You will be able to modify your form until the closure of the application period. (This last point includes the essay).
You can take a look at the examples of essays from past editions here.
- Results Information: Every contestant will be informed in the first days of June 2010 about the decision of the Jury.
- What are the covered expenses?
- For every participant:
- Food expenses during August the 6th, 7th and 8th.
- Night events.
For participants from other countries and other cities of Argentina (other cities apart of Buenos Aires):
- Accommodation in a hotel to be confirmed, during August the 6th, 7th and 8th.
- Movements between the different places where the activities will take place.
- Many students have managed to get their universities to sponsor their travel tickets (by bus or airplane). Once you get accepted to be one of the 100 participants, you can ask the SABF Team to send you a letter of acceptance and invitation which can be used to get sponsorships.
- More questions?
- If you have more questions, please contact one of the delegates at your university/country. They are ready to provide further information or/and share their experiences.